Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

The Beginning...


For anyone who knows my sister, she's an avid blogger, and has long been after me to join the club. Her blogs, Finding Joy in My Kitchen and Our Changing Reflection, are a lot to aspire to. Her details and dedication are incredible, and I love having another way to keep up with what's going on in her life. I love to write, so it shouldn't be a problem for me, but thus far, I've never really found anything I felt strongly enough about to put the time and energy into consistently writing. But this summer, I decided on the perfect topic.

There is one thing I have never had trouble spending time on - reading or talking about books, of which I can never get enough. As a kid, I wasn't ever grounded from the TV...but being grounded from books was often necessary to force me to clean my room or set the table. I was the kid who snuck flashlights into bed in order to read under the covers, or went to the library to get a book or two and came home with ten instead (and yes...I would read them all!!)

This summer, after graduating from college, my former roommates and I decided that we were going to commit to meeting weekly, and along the way, we decided that once a month, our meeting would be used to discuss a book - our very own literary society.

As a fitting choice, KT suggested our first book be The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, a novel by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows.



In my next post, I will share a number of aspects of this novel which we discussed at our first meeting. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and getting to know the delightful characters. I would love to hear from others who have read this book, or hope to encourage others to give this one a try!

- L

3 comments:

  1. yea!!! welcome to the club :)

    can't wait to read vicariously through you .... maybe one day you'll inspire me to read for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yippee! congrats on this new adventure :)

    i was always the one to sneak a flashlight and read well past my bedtime too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging. An avid reader and gifted writer ~ sure to inspire many along the way.

    Blessings in all that you do ~

    ReplyDelete